Woman Commits Suicide By Inhalation Of Carbon Monoxide

Category: Bizarre & Strange News

Police in Kayole, Kenya are investigating an incident where a 48-year-old woman committed suicide by inhaling toxic fumes from charcoal burning on her jiko (stove).

The deceased Rose Osore, who locked herself in her house, is reported to have sent an SMS to her friend Catherine Nyawira telling her that she was tired of living with High Blood Pressure (HBP).

“Catherine reported that she received a suicidal message from the deceased, Rose Osore. The message was indicating that she was tired of the sickness of blood pressure which had made her a beggar hence she was ready to go to hell,” the police report seen by K24 Digital read in part.

Osoro sent the SMS at 4:00 am and the friend went to check on her at 7:30 am at her house. She found the house locked from inside and she called her but there was no response.

She then resorted to calling the neighbours for help; they broke the door and found her unconscious with the charcoal jiko on her bed.

They sort help from a nearby hospital but the doctors confirmed she was dead from suffocation as a result of inhaling carbon monoxide – a highly poisonous gas that is colourless, odourless, and tasteless among other properties.

“She went to the deceased home at around 7:30 am and found the door locked from inside. She called but there was no answer. With the help of neighbours, they broke the door and found her unconscious with a jiko on the bed.

They rushed her to the nearby hospital but she was already dead,” the police report continued.

The police recovered a suicide note which had been addressed to her mum, daughter, and dad.

They also recovered an open note that indicated the names of people to whom she owed cash and the ones that owed her.

The body was taken to Mama Lucy Hospital Morgue awaiting a postmortem as the police continued with the investigation.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.